Finito Professional Services P/L (ABN: 31 659 017 179) is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au[IG2]
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include:
- information about your identity, such as your name, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers
- identification documents, such as your driver’s licence or passport
- when you visit our website or use our mobile apps, information such as your location information, IP address and cookie data
This Personal Information is obtained in numerous ways, including information we request upon sign-up, information relevant for financial guidance appointments, information to access the Finito HUB, general correspondence with the Finito operations team, by telephone and email, via our website www.finito.com.au, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions or membership of a political association
- religious or philosophical beliefs and religious affiliations
- membership of a professional or trade association
- membership of a trade union
- sexual orientation or practices
- criminal record
- health or genetic information
- biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification or biometric templates
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent, and where the information is reasonably necessary for us to provide our services.
Collection of information
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you.
However, in some circumstances we may collect your Personal Information from publicly available sources of information and/or from other persons or organisations. Where we are provided with Personal Information about you from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by that third party.
We also use various technologies to collect and store information, including cookies, browser web storage or application data cashes, databases and server logs. Cookies and these other technologies help our website remember information about your visit, which can make it easier to visit the site again and make the site more useful to you.
Use and disclosure of your information
We use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it, as outlined above.
Your Personal Information may be used or disclosed where:
- you consent to the use or disclosure
- we are required or authorised to use or disclose your Personal Information by law
- where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for a secondary purpose and either:
- the information is Sensitive Information, the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose of collection;
- or the information is not Sensitive Information, the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties, including:
- our related bodies corporate, in order to provide you with services
- third party service providers, so that they can provide contracted services to us such as information technology support, hosting services or otherwise;
- overseas entities, for example where we have outsourced a business activity or function to an overseas service provider
Your Personal Information may be transferred to other countries, which may not have similar privacy or data protection laws and may in certain circumstances compel the disclosure of personal information to a third party such as an overseas authority for the purpose of complying with foreign law or regulatory requirements. We will only disclose personal information overseas to the extent that it is necessary to perform our functions or activities.
We may use your contact details and process your Personal Information to inform you of relevant opportunities, developments, events and products that may be of interest to you. We carry out direct marketing in order to inform you about other products and services provided by us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, associated, agents and third parties and for research purposes. [IG6]
Should you not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you should inform us by sending a written request to email@example.com.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Finito Professional Services P/L will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Finito Professional Services P/L